Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The ABC's of Me: part4 Q-U

Q is for quiet: Since I have one boy almost 14 and one 10 1/2 I've not experienced this in a loooong time! Ha ha ha! In those few quiet moments I find myself with a good book, my sewing machine, or HGTV! Honestly, the quiet seems to be a little odd- not sure I really like it anyway!

R is for Reading: I absolutely love to read! I'm not very picky- I'll read just about anything, but some of my favorite authors are James Patterson, Jodi Picoult, Neta Jackson and Harlan Coben. What do you like to read.

S is for sign language: I learned to sign many years ago when I was in high school (it wasn't THAT long ago), I started out signing songs in church and found that not only was it beautiful but I really enjoyed it. When I began working with special needs my knowledge of sign language became a very useful tool! I need a refresher and I'm no longer "fluent" but I love that this is my other language.

                                                       
 
T is for tattoo : Ok, so some of you might think I'm crazy, but this is on my bucket list. I've wanted a tattoo for so long but I'm a chicken! I've actually put it on my summer list...we'll see what happens!

                                                        

U is for under the sea : When I was 9 years old I became a junior open water diver and began scuba diving with my parents. My mother always said I was like a fish- loving the water a nd this experience has been one of my favorite things. Over the years I've dove in the Florida Keys, the Cayman Islands and many small places in between. I've seen all sorts of fish, dolphins and even a shark in open oceans and it's breathe-taking to say the least.

2 comments: