Sunday, August 24, 2014

Patriot Shootout-Indiana


The time we've been waiting for has finally come! Patriot Shootout-Indiana has worked so hard to get to this weekend and what an amazing success it was! I am so proud that I could be a part of this event and support Folds of Honor and the great mission that have! 

Did you know that only 1/2 of 1% of our population is in the military? That small amount of men and women allow the other 99% of us to rest easily each night knowing that we're protected and someone else is watching over.  This is just one reason why we support the Folds of Honor!

Friday night was the Gala at The Columbia Club in downtown Indiana and the turnout was amazing!! The room was filled with people helping people.  Stories of loss and pain then covered in a blanket of love from those around.  This is why I'm proud to be an American!

Then Saturday was off to the course... FORE! The Legends Golf Course in Franklin, Indiana has been the home of the first 2 Patriot Shootout events here in Indiana and what a blessing it's been.  Men and women of our military together with men and women that love and support join together for a fun round of golf and competition to raise money for the Folds.

At the end of the weekend, I was exhausted... but in a good way! Money was raised, friends were made and lives were changed! That's what we meant to do... SUCCESS! The need doesn't go away after this weekend though.  All year long there are miltiary families that experience loss and children of those parents that are left with a hole in their hearts.  Folds of Honor works hard all year long to take care of these families, to provide for these children and show love and gratitude for the sacrifice.

Please continue to follow me in this mission... Folds of Honor!

Saturday, August 9, 2014

Times Up...

Gone are the carefree days with no requirements, no time constaints, and no one telling us what to do... it's back to school!


There's a part of me that is thrilled elated excited  ready for school to start, but there's a very small, itty bitty, teeny weeny part of me that says "You've got to be kidding? Already?"  The part that's ready desperately desires structure and routine ( you guessed it, that's all me and not really my kids- or so they think).  It's nice to have carefree days where we can do whatever we want whenever we want, but the boys need some routine that summer just doesn't seem to bring. 

That other part of me... the teeny weeny part, that can't believe it's time to go back is the part that knows I didn't get all the items on my summer to-do list done.  Oh I had so many goals... so many plans... so many aspirations... and so few of them got done :(.  Can I blame my boys? It was all those baseball games! The golf lessons and matches! The constant cooking and cleaning! NOPE!! Those things were awesome- far more important (except the cooking and cleaning part and we all know I really didn't do much of that anyway.)

Honestly the most exhausting  stressful part of summer was the fact that I didn't have a job lined up for the fall.  I am so proud of what I did to finish my teaching license, but the scary part is knowing that now I really must find a "real" job. Time to beat the streets, sell myself, and find a job! Not an easy task... Just about the time I thought I had it all figured out, I didn't.  Fortunately, for me I have an amazing friend that continually reminds me to hang in there! I don't know what I'd do without Janine (ok, I  probably would drink WAY too much, complain WAY too much and feel WAY too sorry for myself).  Thank you Janine for saving everyone from ME!

Just about the time that I've given up, God sends me an angel.  A principal friend that says "If you want a job, you've got it at my school!"  Have you ever gone from panic and worry to totally elated in a matter of seconds?! That's what happened to me! Thank you, God for always knowing what I need and when... even though I think I do and clearly don't!

So next week it's


for most of my house.  It's back to routine, back to schedules, back to reality for 75% of my house.  Lord help us to get up early, dress in normal clothes and speak in civil tones to those we see before 9am.