Friday, January 17, 2014

Snowmagedon 2014

I was only a baby when we had the Blizzard of '78 so I haven't seen this much white fluffy stuff, but I've definately seen enough now!

                                      

The first day we got 4" and that was manageable, but the next day... Lord help us! It as too  much!!

                                      

We ended up with a total of 12"!! For Hoosiers that's a lot of snow.  This means snow day #1.  Now comes the real fun stuff... subzero temperatures.  Now don't get me wrong, I realize that there are places that get more snow than us and there are places that get well belo zero... I didn't choose to live in one of those places for a reason!  Wait, maybe I did... temperatures of -10' and then with windchill it's -30'!! Holy Snow Day!! Insert Snow day number 2... and 3... and 4!! What the ***?!  I can honestly say that I've never missed school 4 days in a row because of snow and cold! Now when my kids think they've got it bad I'll  remind them that it's now January 8th and they've not been to school since December 20th!!

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse... 5 days of no school!! Guess we'll be going until the summer this year!

                                               





No comments:

Post a Comment