Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Keeping the Faith

Do you ever have one of those days where it  just feels like it's too much? You know,  that day when it seems that nothing is going right and you wish you could just crawl back into bed and hide under the covers?!  We all have those kind of days every now and again, but it's the way we decide to deal with it that really shows who and what we are...


When it seems like the walls  are caving in, God gives us some great words of wisdom to lean on.  My favorite verse to remember is this:

              "For I know the plans I have for you," declares The Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to           harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

Or Philippians 4:13 which reminds that "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

Psalm 29:11 " The Lord gives strength to his people; The Lord 
blesses his people with peace."

I'm definitely  not saying that I never get discouraged or throw my own pity party (heck NO, I'd be lying to you!) What I'm saying is that I have to remind myself and work at keeping my trust in The Lord ! Remember that He is always looking out for me and for my best interest.  Despite my failures and my weaknesses he loves me SOOO much! Hallelujah,  now that's something to shout about!

So as many of us continue to be cursing  enjoying this winter cold, snow and ice and dark gloomy days I ask that we take a moment to remember that God is always in Control! He's always planning what's best for us and even in the tough days he's walking right there beside us!


No comments:

Post a Comment