Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Sunshine and Flip Flops

Those who know me well, know that I try to be positive....

           when it comes to this snow and cold, I'm totally and completely OVER IT!!

This has been a difficult winter for us here in Indiana. Lots Too much snow and bitter cold temperatures day after day after day after day.... you get the drift right?!  It's Thursday and this is the first week in 2 months that we've gone to school an entire week without any disturbances.  We've had either a snow day or 2 hour delay every week since the first week in January (when we actually missed the entire first week back from Winter Break due to snow!)  I'm beginning to worry that I won't have a summer break if this winter doesn't end soon.

I need FLIP FLOPS...
     
     I need SUNSHINE....

            I need WARMTH....

I try not to ask too much God, and I try to remind myself that you never intend to harm us.  Everything we experience in this world (including the snow) happens for a reason and even though I don't always know the reason it's part of your plan.   I usually try to be more thankful than I am anything else... and I am thankful that you've given me another day to be blessed and bless others.  I'm thankful that my eyes opened this morning and that my heat was working in my house and that I have food to eat and warm clothes to wear.  I'm thankful that my car runs and that my kids are healthy and that my paycheck goes in on Friday

     BUT

          If it's in your plan, would you mind sending us a little more sunshine?  Would you mind bringing the temperatures up to or above freezing?  That's it, God! Sounds simple enough to me, what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment