Friday, March 4, 2016

Be STILL and know

I have recently found myself thinking about the future more than I used to. Thinking about where I will be in a year, 5 years or sometimes even tomorrow. Where will my children be and what does the future hold for us? It is then then that I am so gently and lovingly reminded that we are commanded:
                              
     "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life."                  Matthew 6:25
                                                                                                           
Does this mean that I no longer fret? Does this mean that I am immediately at peace with what the future may have in store for me regardless of what I know? Absolutely not! It does remind me that we live in such a fallen world that struggles each and every day with the desperate need to be in control.  Even as Christians the battle is real and Satan loves knowing that he can worry us in such a nasty way.
So much to do, so many questions to be answered... 




In a world that so desperately seeks that immediate satisfaction we have to remember that God asks us to 
      “Be STILL and know that I am God.” 


No comments:

Post a Comment