Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Remembering 2014



While we're never to dwell on the past it's the past that makes us what we are... that is why I think it's so important each year to look back and remember. Remember the good and the bad, the hardtimes and the joys, laughter and the tears because each of those make us into what we are today.

We had endings and new beginnings,, weddings and deaths, grow in age, stage, spirit, and life in general.  With each passing year, I'm amazed at how life changes. My children continue to get older while I remain ageless (amazing how that is!). I feel as if I change daily... I am far less tolerant (which is very scary), I don't let silly things bother me anymore though, I am far less adventurous (which is hard to believe because I'm not the adventure seeker in the first place), and I'm learning a lot about myself

So without further adoo.. I give you 2014...

                                                         
               Season#1 with Carmel Pups travel baseball... such a great group of kids and parents; struggled in the wins department, but they were a great team filled with laughter regardless! 

                                                 
                                   Cincinatti Reds!! Always up for a trip to cheer on the Reds! 

                                                   
                           New beginnings when my cousin Zach married his beautiful bride, Fumika at my
  parent's farm.  It was beautifu in so many ways.  Crazy to think that my cousins are so much younger     than I am, but so neat to have been there and am able to enjoy it all now. 

                                             
Family pictures! Are you kidding? It's been 3 years since we were subjected to family pictures?! Ugh, I can't believe I'm doing this again, but our buddy Mike is so good that he can shave off pounds, add smiles to our faces and create children that can stand beside one another without killler each other.  

I can't believe that I have a child that's a sophomore in high school and a fifth grader that's going to be going into middle school soon.  Cole is ready to drive and I'm afraid there's not enough alcohol in the world for this mom to to accept that he's growing up this quickly!

We weren't anle to make it to Georgia during the summer, but we made a trip down in December to celebrate Christmas and hug on the cousins.

                                                            


As the year winds down, I think of all the amazing things we've been able to do and all the things we've been able to share.  As I said, there have been tears and joys, deaths and new life, but through it alll we know that God is present in our lives and we're blessed beyond what we deserve.  So as we bid farewell to 2014 I say thank you Lord for all that we've learned, thank you for those we've loved and those we've lost and continue to bless us in 2015! 






 




No comments:

Post a Comment