Sunday, December 7, 2014

Where you are on purpose...

Have you ever wondered how you got to where you are today? Why have you dealt with the pain that you've had? Why have you been blessed with so much? Where did the strength, courage, wisdom come from?  Where  did the fear and worry come from?

       And the Lord said, " I know the plans I made for you.  Plans to prosper you      and not to harm you, plans for a future."

I've done a lot of thinking recently...thinking about life, what happens and why it happens.  I know that God is in control of my life and I know that he always has my best interest at heart, but I must admit that there are times when I simply wonder if he knows what he's doing.  On those days when it seems I have a storm cloud hanging over my head, days when the pain seems to be too much to bare, those days when I have lost all faith in myself and everyone around me. It's those days when I need Him closer to my side, sticking to me like glue and holding me tight.  It's those days that I realize how important it is to be in the Word and to trust him with everything I have in me.  It's those days that I realize being human without God is horrible miserable impossible!!

                                   



So it is these times when I realize how important it is to be in the Word, pray without ceasing, clothe ourselves in righteousness and surrround ourselves with brothers and sisters in Christ.  

Dear Heavenly Father, you are worthy to be praised and adored.  It is from you and because of you that I have received everything that I have.  I pray, Lord Jesus, that you will continue to wrap your loving arms around me.  Continue to walk beside me and continue to carry me when I stumble.  Lord Jesus, forgive me for all those times I've neglected you and all the times I turn from you when I know what I should be doing. 

Father Jesus, please open my eyes that I might see your beauty all around me.  Open my ears that I might here your gentle whisper in all that I do.  Open my heart that I might be willing to love, honor and obey you all of my days.

Amen- 


       





No comments:

Post a Comment