Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ladies Retreat Splurge


So those who know me, know me know that I never rarely splurge and pamper myself  (I have a gift card to Massage Envy that's 18 months old- still unused ).  Anyway, last week I got a text from my girlfriend saying that she got a Ladies Retreat gift from her husband from a night stay at the Columbia Club downtown full of pampering etc... and I HAD to go with her. Ha! Are you kidding me? I can't tell you the last time I left my boys overnight with dad... possibly never!!  Besides I was not going to spend $150 to go get pampered with a bunch of other ladies I didn't know (with the exception of Janine, of course).  So as I usually do, I mentioned it to hubby and he didn't say anything one way or the other so I texted my girlfriend and said "Sorry, but don't think I deserve it this year"

So I pouted to myself and then when that didn't make me feel better, I told my mom the story.  Little did I know that she would be angry disgusted with me for saying no.  Actually her response was more like

"BULL****, you deserve this! H*** yes, you're going and 
I'm paying so tell her to get you on the list!"


Fast forward to Friday night... Girlfriend picks me up at 4:30 and we're off to the Columbia Club for some pampering.  Step off the elevator at the 6th floor and there's a table filled with cheeses and wine just waiting for us, adorable personalized signs decorate each of the rooms, and a gift bag filled with goodies next to our pillow! Alright, this might work out after all :)
            

Agenda for the evening includes a cocktail party, formal dinner and then pajama party in the Columbian Suite.  Tomorrow would be breakfast, massages, mani/pedis, makeup makeovers, crafts and cooking lesson with the chef before a nice big lunch.


Needless, to say this was 24 hours of pampering that I truly needed!

 My mom knew best... as she always does!



No comments:

Post a Comment