Monday, April 4, 2016

P.R.A.Y

                                     "Let us not become weary in doing good, for 
                               at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." 
                                                               Galatians 6:9 NIV

                                                      

It feels like each day gets busier and busier. The requirements placed on us become bigger and harder and the abilitity williningess to say "NO" becomes less. As our world becomes more and more unGodly it becomes more important to me that I focus my eyes back on what truly matters. To focus on what will last.

I must admit that I have allowed the daily grind- the pressures and expectations of this world to determine many of my thoughts and actions. This WILL change. It is so important to me to fix my eyes on the things that last and not to store up for myself treasures here on earth.

  In order to get back to where I need to be I have decided to really focus on my prayer life.  Such an important piece to my day and yet such an easily forgotten piece.  Why is it that even though I know how much prayer can change my day I still find myself struggling to take the time to get it in? If something so simple can make such an impact why don't I do it? CONSTANTLY. It's that sin in me. 

I have created an acronym to help me focus on my prayer life:

                                     
                                                                    PRAISE 
First I am to come into his house with thanksgiving! Filled with praise and adoration for the amazing God that we serve. To get my mind right from the very beginning I start with total and complete praise to my God for who He is, what He is and all that He's done and is yet to do. Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

         
   And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.”  Luke 10: 27


From the rising of the sun to its setting The name of the LORD is to be praised.  Psalm 113:3

I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.  Psalm 34:1
                                               
                                                                   REPENT 
Because He is worthy of our praises and adoration it is also imperative that we repent before him of the wickedness that our hearts hold.  He already knows what we've done and how we've hurt him but it's our obligation to speak aloud those errors and ask for forgiveness which shows that we truly love and adore our God. It is hard to admit our faults and ask to be forgiven so it's a beautiful sight to the Lord that we love him enough to want his forgiveness. If we confess with our mouths and repent with our hearts we will be saved.


Repent, therefore, of this wickedness of yours, and pray to the Lord that, if possible, the intent of your heart may be forgiven you.   Acts 8:22

If my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.  2 Chronicles 7:14

For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it.  Mark 8:35

                                            
                                                              ADMIRATION 
Sometimes it feels as if admiration is the same as praise but I believe it's different. When we praise Him we are giving him all the glory that he deserves because of who he is and what he's done but admiration goes beyond that and creates actions in us because of those things.  When I am in admiration of my Lord, I am transfixed on Him. On the cross and the sacrifices that He made for me and in turn I am bowed down before him. I am obeying him. I am in awe of all his wonder.  During this time I often find myself without words... Simply in awe. In pure amazement of what He is and what He has done for me.

Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.  Hebrews 12:2

But Peter and the apostles answered, “We must obey God rather than men.  Acts 5:29

Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker Psalm 95:6

                                           
                                                             YEARNING
Lastly I end my prayers with a deep desire that I would be filled with an unbelievable yearning to grow nearer to Him. That my heart would be filled with such a desire that I want to know Him better, to serve Him better and to trust Him better.  I want to yearn for his word and his love like a dear pants for water. I want to have such a desire in my heart to know Him that I am fixed on his teachings and then desperate to fulfil them. To yearn to know Him. That is my parting wish. 

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God; When shall I come and appear before God? Psalm 42:2

"Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal." John 6:27

Then He said to me, "It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.  Revelation 21:6




No comments:

Post a Comment