Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pain and Grief

I know that I've written about grief recently and as much as I hate to dwell on it there seems to be so much of it going around right now.  I also know that God has promised us that we need not worry about anything because he is always there.  Nothing He has planned for us is designed to bring us pain.

"For I know the plans I have for you" declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you; plans for hope and for a future."    - Jesus (Jeremiah 29:11). 

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?”                    — Jesus  (Matthew 6:26).

And yet we seem to feel pain all around us.  It's so hard to not scream out to God. To demand an explanation from him.  Why God must we lose loved ones too early?  Why must we see so much sickness and pain? Why must we feel as if we're never going to get ahead of the debt? 


It's in those times that God hopes we'll draw closer to him.  It's in those times that He intends to carry the burden for us... if we'll allow. 

Draw me close to you
Never let me go
I lay it all down again
To hear you say that I'm your friend
You are my desire
No one else will do
Cause nothing else can take your place
To feel the warmth of your embrace
Help me find the way
Bring me back to you

You're all I want
You're all I've ever needed
You're all I want
Help me know you are near
                -Michael W. Smith (Draw Me Close)

We have a choice in these times.  Draw nearer to Him. Trust Him to comfort our pain and to 
take care of us. Or to turn away and slowly die inside.


the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for,but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.” (Romans8:26).
 As I continue to feel the losses myself...as I see friends feel the losses... I try to pray without ceasing. I try to "Trust in the Lord with all of my heart..." (Proverbs 3:5)





No comments:

Post a Comment