Sunday, February 22, 2015

Faith and Grief


 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 
 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 
                                                                                           John 14: 1-3

There are so many things in this world that can cause our hearts to be troubled.  So many things that cause our hearts to fear. Things that cause our hearts to break. It is because of these things that the Lord says "Trust me."

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?"
                                                                                         Romans 8:31 

In this past week, God has asked my family to trust Him like never before. 

In this past week, God has asked my family to be strong like never before.

In this past week, God has asked my family to lean on Him like never before.


"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for, being convinced of what we do not see."
                                                                                         Hebrews 11:1 

It is in these times of sorrow that our faith is tested and we determine if we're capable of falling to our knees and depending on the only one that can heal. This has been one of those times.

Saturday Friday February 14th, the day of love, was a day that we will never forget. On this cold morning at 8:30am, my husband's cell rang and the number was one that never calls at this time... my mother in law. My husband immediately knew that something was wrong. Seriously. Wrong.

It was the call no child wants to ever get. The call that says your life is forever changed. The call that your parent has passed away.

It is after this call that God brings us to our knees. He promises us that he'll  never make us walk through this sorrow alone. We'll never leave us.  He'll never forsake us.


"What then shall we say to these things?  If God is for us, who can be against us?” 
                                                                                     Romans 8:31 

I can not even begin to imagine how people without a faith deal with death and grief. How do you walk through waters so deep? How do you keep from sinking into the depths of the quick sand? How do you survive a pain that feels like a knife in the heart? 

Only knowing that God is always there. Always loving. Always protecting. This is the only way. God is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment