Monday, June 23, 2014

Monday Morning Motivation





I know that for many of us, Monday Mornings are a rough start to the week... but they keep on coming! That's why I came up with the Monday Morning Motivation so that I am assured to start the week off in the right frame of mind.  So grab your favorite cup of coffee and a comfy seat and join me for the Monday Morning motivator...

I would not have expected to be up and ready presentable  going at 9am on Monday morning during my summer break! Oh but alas, it comes down to my kids... they'd hate to be referred to as kids because with one teenage boy and one tween boy they somehow  think they're full grown men.  Anyway, this summer has been a busy one, but this mornning I'm choosing to be grateful that I have the summer to be with my boys.


When you're in the midst of raising young ones you can feel overwhelmed and exhausted, praying that this time would end, but be careful... it goes so da** dang incredibly fast! Because my oldest is getting ready to drive, I've had time recently to think back and realize that those days when I thought I'd never make  through simply flew by!  I coudn't see it then and still rush some days away with my 10 year old, but I also realize it goes so FAST that I have to remember to slow down and enjoy the moments as they happen.

With that all said, today's Monday Morning motivation is to slow down... take each day as it comes... smell the roses... make lemonade out of lemons and margaritas out of limes! Count to 10 when you think you can't handle the kids anymore because they'll be gone before we know it...



No comments:

Post a Comment